People will give you a variety of reasons for choosing Puerto Vallarta as a retirement destination, and we want to hear from you! Tell us about your experience as a retiree in Puerto Vallarta, for publication in an upcoming Vallarta Tribune. We’ve found that expats are usually the best resource for other expats—so share your story. Send your article, essay, bullet points or sketch on a cocktail napkin to me at: Miguel@g3mex.com
Here are some of my reasons for choosing this special spot on the Bay of Banderas:
1. Sun, Sun and More Sun. Yes, we have our overcast days, but overall you won’t run into a problem with a vitamin D deficiency here in PV. Winters are warm, and summers can be hot and humid, but you learn to acclimate, slow down, and drink your weekly coconut water, which is packed with electrolytes.
2. Cost of Living. Yes, this is one of the more costly spots in Mexico, but a couple or single can easily live a very comfortable lifestyle on a decent retirement income (around $2000 USD per person, per month).
3. Healthier and More Active Lifestyle. If you live in and around downtown, you will spend most of your time walking. And the terrific variety of fresh fruits, vegetables and fish, ensure that you are eating well. I love the juice stands on every corner. For $15 pesos you can have a fresh OJ or yummy juice mix. Try the beet, carrot and orange combo, which is one of my personal favorites.
4. Excellent Healthcare Resources. High-quality physicians and dentists abound! If fact, many people travel here to get everything from dental implants to cosmetic surgery, at a fraction of the cost that they would pay up north.
5. An International Airport at our Doorstep. In just a few hours you can be in San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver or Mexico City.
6. Amazing Culture. Jalisco is heaven! Our superb Huichol culture, rich Catholic traditions, mariachis, world-class coastal areas, excellent cuisine and the magnificent Sierra Madre Mountain Range!
I look forward to hearing from you. Our G3Mex Real Estate office number is: 322-209-0832 or you can contact us via email at: email@example.com.