By Madeline Milne
1. Fresh Coconuts: So good for you; a meal and a cool drink. Hydrating and no carbs. Nature’s diet food at only 20pesos. Ask for it ‘suave’ with lime and chili.
2. Nature: Such diversity in our little bay. Ocean, rivers and jungle mountains. Parrots, jaguars, butterflies, crocodiles. Forests, pastures, cities and pueblas. Beaches, cliffs, and rolling hills.
3. Travel: Living in Puerto Vallarta is like always travelling but with the comfort of home. From here to somewhere new is often just a few hours and a few dollars away.
4. The Beach: The beach is a home for baby turtles before they head to sea. It’s a beautiful spot to watch the sunset, enjoying a freshly caught meal, relaxing and rewarding.
5. Shopping: There are a million shops that delight my senses. Mystical potions, brightly coloured beadwork, cheap shoes if you can find my size!
6. Visitors: Spending a full week with the ones you love. Having time to truly enjoy each other’s company is such a treat. Plus they usually bring presents. #wafflemaker #300threadcountsheets #blacklicorice
7. The Ocean: It seems too obvious but then I remember that most people don’t live steps from the ocean, let alone one that is so warm and inviting. The humpback whales, dolphins and illusive sea horses just make it better.
Illustrations by my sister, Gala Milne.