Saturday March16 & Sunday March 17
In the Chacala Plaza at 5pm
It is our pleasure to invite you to the 6th annual Music & Arts Festival in the beautiful port town of Chacala, Nayarit. This year it will take place at the public plaza where the Aguascalientes artist Chunga has just finished a breathtaking mural inspired by Huichol art.
Amidst the flourishing scene of Cultural Festivals on the Riviera Nayarit, Chacala’s two day free event of concerts, circus skills, printmaking & school performances is notable for its focus on children and on cultural exchange. Among the stellar line-up, the Cucaracha Puppet Theater, Los del Pacifico from Sayulita and Cheko Ruiz Band from Vallarta are not to be missed!
ChacalArt / Visual Art Tent
- Saul Tortolero and Alejandra Blanes give free xylography workshops to children (of all ages) ‘El Triciclo Grafico’ or the Printmaking Tricycle during the Festival in the Art Tent.
- Miguel Perez of Grafica Chacala Printmaking Studio displays prints from his workshop. Miguel designed and printed the exclusive 2019 Festival T-shirts. Make sure to buy one!
- Elia del Carmen Ramirez presents the historic archive of the Mexican photographer Manuel Ramos.
ChacaLit / Literatura / Literature
- José Manuel Blanco y Correa from the Autonomous University of Nayarit presents his book The Functional Diagnosis of National Wetlands. There are copies for sale of this valuable study on the biggest mangrove ecosystem in the Pacific which is situated between Nayarit & Sinaloa.
- Histomaps present and have for sale historic maps of the municipalities of Nayarit.
- ChacaLit Writers Residency presents a special book on the history of Chacala.
Onda Beer, handcrafted in Chacala, is available to try and to buy.
Tapas Bar is a Beachclub that shifts over to the Festival to offer its classic dishes.
Main Stage Line-Up
Presentadores / Presenters
Mauricio Hernandez & Emilia Robinson
Artes Circenses ‘Circo Ánsar’ & Lince Keiser
Sabado / Saturday
5pm Presentaciones de Escuelas Locales / School Performances
Primaria Amado Nervo & Colegio Patria
6pm La Cucaracha: Teatro de Titeres / Puppet Theater
7pm Karen Bentley Pollick / Violin / Violin
8pm Jazz Cuarteto Los Masters
9pm Los del Pacifico con / featuring Azul Dario
Domingo / Sunday
5pm Pieza de Teatro de Escolares / Kids Play El Jardin de Chacala
6pm La Cucaracha : Teatro de Titeres / Puppet Theater
7pm Trio Descante / Musica de Brazil
8pm Tatewari / Guitarra Latina / Latin Guitar
9pm Cheko Ruiz Band / Ritmos gitanos y flamencos / Gyspy and Flamenco Rhythms
10pm Sonidos de Mi Tierra / Musica y Baile Regionales / Music & Dance from around Mexico
The Festival is possible thanks to the support of volunteers, local schools, donors, local hotels, restaurants, the Chacala Cultural Foundation and the Compostela Hotel Association.