Detoxing may sound like something you do in AA, but it’s vital for everyone in this toxic world. Taking care of and nurturing my digestion back to health, led me to become certified wellness coach. I believe that good digestion leads to a healthy life. But then one day I realized that in order to have good digestion, detoxing properly is imperative. Detoxing for better digestion leads to less inflammation and less inflammation leads to less disease. In other words, decrease the inflammation and prevent disease.
Hippocrates said it best, “All disease begins in the gut.”
If this is true and disease begins in the gut, aka your digestive system, then having a healthy & strong digestion is key. However, let me share a secret: when the body is toxic, your digestive system is weak. So even if you eat “clean” and only buy organic and hormone-free foods, you are still breathing toxicity in this world.
We live, eat, and breathe toxicity everyday. Look around your home and think of the paint on the walls, the rugs, the pesticides sprayed on your green grass, the exterminator to get rid of the bugs, and even if you are chemical-free in your home, is your makeup chemical-free?
Even if you are totally chemical-free and using make up that is aluminum-free plus other non-toxic chemicals, we are still living and that means eating, breathing, and sleeping in a toxic environment.
Unless you feel that you’re ready to live in a bubble or a hyperbaric chamber, then it is time to wake up to what I call “daily detox”. Detox is not a curse word or anything to be scared about; instead, it is exciting to think about your body & cells actually functioning and rejuvenating if you give them the chance. I healed my body from gallstones just from doing a cleanse. Detox is about lessening the toxic load in your body.
Your body can’t work properly if there are too may toxins lurking in it. It cannot metabolize properly, absorb nutrients and minerals, or stay hydrated. It is a vicious cycle
When your digestive system is not working and cannot break down foods, it cannot focus on getting rid of toxins, and that means you cannot get rid of bloat and fat and skin breakouts and all that jazz that keeps you tired.
Toxins => Inflammation => Weak Digestion
The foundation of a detox is not to ever feel deprived or starved. The goal is to help you do what I have learned to do in my own life: learn how to eat clean and learn what foods are irritating your body.
Eating clean is a way of life, not a diet.
So, we begin to eat whole foods that promote detox in a safe and natural way. Here are my tips for staying healthy & detoxing naturally:
- Upon waking, drink warm or room water with lemon (or lime), 1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar (if tolerated) and add a dash of cinnamon or cayenne.
- Start your day by being positive. Find a daily affirmation that gets you fired up. I love Louise Hay, Geneen Roth, Gabrielle Bernstein, and Marianne Williamson.
- Try getting quiet without yourself; even just for one minute, and say, “I release what does not serve me.” Hold your heart as you say this out loud and scream it if you want. Own that power.
- Drink fresh, green juices or make your own green juice with 1 tbsp chlorophyll and lemon and lime and water.
- Aim for one meal that is super easy on your digestion per day. Try a smoothie, green juice, or soup to give your system a rest.
- Get moving & shaking. Yes, physical activity is one of the best ways to detox your body.
- Drink plenty of water & add lemon, lime, or grapefruit to flush the toxicity.
- Skin brushing is my favorite way to support the liver and get rid of those toxins
- Tongue Brushing.